Tuesday, February 7, 2012

South from Bluff to New Mexico

We're in Albq. which is my abbreviation for the sure to be wrong spelling for Albuquere. Anyway, we're in New Mexico departing from Bluff, UT this morning.  We put foot out upon the land south of Bluff yesterday and even more so than MT, you can trek anywhere in this piece of the planet. I felt like I was 12 years old. Stopping and digging, scratching my way up red banks, and absorbing the silence. Annie and I banged about for 4 hours and then had to pick up our step to beat a snow/rain squall back to the car to get out of the bottomland. Bluff holds interest for me and it would be effortless to let the land take hold of one here.

On to a city today. We're staying at a B&B called Cinnamon Morning. This is sweet spot that Annie stayed at 6 years ago while upon a quest.  It's lovely and very near a part of the city called "Old Town." We checked in, left the Bostie, and treked about and in and out of a few gallery's as well as getting groceries for dinner this eve. Grilled up a few vegies, some pork steak, and had a beer. On to Texas tomorrow and clueless about where we are holding up for the night. Into Port A. on Thursday.

The vistas south across New Mexico were soft yet curious.  I love all of this land that we call home. Sending love to you all and girding my loins for the people that we call texans.


No comments:

Post a Comment