Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to any followers out there!  I'm not currently "following" anyone's blog so I can't surmise a guess about how to follow or what to follow. For that matter, following has not proven to be one of my attributes. Nonetheless, a vicarious sweet day to anyone keeping track of my movements around and about the Gulf.

70 here today and even a bit of old Sol making an appearance. We saddled up the bikes and took to the beach head trail this morning for a haul.  Wearing shorts, t.shirt, and the salt air being ingested in large chunks was delicious. I think that one can peddle from here to Brownsville on South Padre Island. Of course there would be dining and a beer along the way as it's probably 70 miles or so.

Annie and I spend the midmorning and afternoon on the beach with the Bostie. Yes, everyone here is our friend with the Bostie by our side.  On that note, people here are friendly. Of course none of them are working stiffs so there's the explanation for that. Imagine if these former workers could have brought this same degree of enthusiasm and happy face to their jobs back in the day.  Mental health quotients in many villages would be much better.

I looked at a posting advertising for a barista but alas, I do not possess the skill set.  For this I am thankful. However, I did take note of the guy hosing down the untold 100's of outdoor biffey's. This I can do and think that I could bring a certain amount of charm yet hold my disdain for the people using said recepticle.

Perhaps I should save a bit of this questionable wit for tomorrow's posting. I don't want to use up all of my "A" material.

Happy Birthday Stace!  Sending you and all love and hugs from the Gulf.

No comments:

Post a Comment